Tell God How Thankful You Are… (Video)
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021
The Difference Between Thankfulness and Gratitude
Now, I know that some people call thankfulness an attitude of gratitude. Yet, there’s a difference between thankfulness and gratitude. While thankfulness is a feeling or attitude, gratitude is the expression of being thankful.
That’s right. Thankfulness is how you feel, and gratitude is how to react to that feeling. Gratitude requires action. In other words, you feel thankful, and you show gratitude.
More importantly, they happen in that order. You can’t show gratitude until you’ve felt thankful.
Why Christians Should Be Thankful Continuously
Since thankfulness is an attitude of appreciation, Christians should be continuously thankful.
And, this attitude of thankfulness flows out of God’s grace and mercy towards you. God is continuously blessing you, so you should be thankful.
Here are a few things you have to be thankful for as a follower of Christ:
- God loves you
- God created you for a relationship with Him
- Jesus paid for the forgiveness of your sins through His death on the Cross
- Jesus’ resurrection gave you new life
- God has provided everything for you including the very breath you breathe
- God has a plan for your life