I received the following email letter today in my inbox from American Family Association with regard to standing firm for the inerrant, infallible Word of God in this spiritual war we’re all engaged in whether we want to be or not.
I’m going to state something that won’t sit well, most likely, with the majority reading this, but it is not my opinion. It is truth, fact, based upon the Holy Bible. Not everyone who with their lips claims to be a disciple of Jesus Christ is one. The vast majority love to paste the “I’m a Christian” tag on themselves when it suits them, when it garners them attention, when they bow in uniform on a field and their number one desire towards God? “We need to win this game God! So let us win this game!” And they mention God, and their faith, and thank God should the team win. Yet when push comes to shove? When they are truly tested on the battle field of life? They are repeatedly, continually defeated. One is either a for real, authentic, genuine, renewed of mind and spirit, transformed in their lives ridding themselves of the old man, regenerated and born anew to stand firm and boldly serving the Lord Jesus Christ? Or they ain’t. I don’t care what a person might say, write, or attempt to demonstrate when a camera or microphone is present.
They rather serve the world than the Lord.
They rather serve mammon (money) and their earthly reputation than the Lord.
They always want their cake while being able to eat it too!
There is no such thing as a “worldly Christian,” a “comfortable Christian,” a “Christian when it suits them,” or any other type of Christian other than a GENUINE ONE! A REAL ONE! Transformed and prepared to stand firmly, boldly for the Lord, for God, for the Holy Spirit that is supposed to be within them and guiding them and their words!
Do not be deceived.
By their fruits you will know them.
Test every spirit.
Droves of false teachers and oodles of unsound false doctrine will flood the ears, eyes, minds and hearts in the last of the last days.
We are there. It is here and now.
Do not be deceived.
The following is just a mere handful of incidents and folks claiming to walk with the Lord, believe in the Bible — and one either believes it all or nothing. Being a Thomas Jefferson “Christian” doesn’t cut it wherein a person omits, sidesteps, refrains from, refuses to read or believe, or literally cuts out all the books, chapters, passages, verses and words they don’t like. As if they are God and not merely a creation of God, a very sinful one as we all are very sinful and they can lower, mold, tell God what is what and He is to conform to them rather than they conforming to and obeying Him.
It doesn’t say anywhere in the Holy Bible it’s going to be easy being a disciple of Jesus. A child of God.
The real ones know this. Know the tests, trials, travails and temptations which come. And in such cases they do not cower, become complacent, worldly, worried about money, reputation in this fleeting world. No! They stand with God. with Jesus, with the Holy Spirit, with the Holy Bible — the God-breathed words gin to us for us to discern rightly and wisely according to God — not some modern-day immoral, worldly, pagan agenda so we can continue to be successful, admired, worshipped, adored, paid exceedingly well and live comfortably materialistically in this brief twinkling of an eye fleshly life tossing aside eternity for meager, moth eaten, rusty, corrupted, fleeting worldly gain!
Woe to any and all who prefer the judgments of men and women over the just and permanent (eternal) judgments of God our Father!
Stand firm fighting the good fight. For no one can serve two masters. And I don’t care what appearances, what words are offered up for public view and consumption. — YOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUIT.
And, sadly, there is a massive blight going round and a massive killing of the branches that once claimed they were grafted onto the Tree of Life, Jesus Christ the Lord.
And dead, unfruitful, corrupted, worldly infested branches will be cut off and cast into the fire.
Not my words or opinion. It’s all spoken to us, given to us by God our Father. Maybe it’s time to finally look them all up, study them, take them to heart, believe them, live than, ask forgiveness, repent and fight thre good fight to the end.
Otherwise? Be prepared to be cut off and tossed into the fire you unfruitful, corrupted, I’ll be a “Christian” when it benefits me, makes me comfortable to be one, according to my words of what a “Christian” is and not according to the Word of God person you of little faith, weak, scared, more concerned in monetary wealth, worldly acclaim, worldly fame than in pleasing the Lord and knowing and living as a genuine disciple of Jesus Christ the Lord!
And from the actions taken in the examples below? This is not a case of approaching these individuals and in love explaining the consequences, explaining the differences and helping an immature or weak fellow believer. In every instance they choose money, reputation, the world over God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Holy Bible — the truth and the way.
Make no mistake. Do not be deceived.
Money and reputation are more important in every case. Above pleasing God and He Who died for them so they might believe and have life. No, they chose this fleshly life. What this blink of an eye fleshly life offers rather than defending the Word of God and having the full armour of God on in this spiritual war. A war in which traitors, spies and deception is used as it is in every known war that has ever taken place on this earth. The spiritual war no different my dear ones…
ACP — A Crooked Path
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019
Christians Must Not Fold to Lesbian, Homosexual, Bisexual and Transgender Activist Pressure
According to the Bible, God allows sexual activity only between a man and a woman who are married. All other sexual conduct is forbidden.
Sinful sexual activity can be forgiven, to be sure, and the Christian is called to overcome the impulses that lead to sexual sin. This has been the teaching of the Christian church since its inception 2,000 years ago.
With regard to homosexual activity, I encourage you to read the following texts:
- Romans 1 calls homosexuality unnatural and homosexual acts “shameful.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 says “men who practice homosexuality” will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- 1 Timothy 1:9-10 condemns “men who practice homosexuality.”
In the last two passages, all sexual immorality is cited as sin, not just homosexuality. Read through the Bible, and it’s clear that every single one of us is guilty of something that makes us unacceptable to God unless we seek forgiveness of our sin through Jesus Christ.
In the past three decades, lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer activists have demanded the embrace of homosexuality by society and the church. This lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer demand for “equality” has gone viral, and its stormtroopers take no prisoners.
They don’t allow Christians to take a “hate the sin, love the sinner” approach. No, they would say that by not affirming homosexuals, we are fostering what they call “hate.” And they desire to outlaw hate and punish those who preach it.
Many Christians don’t know how to stand firm when criticized on this issue. They understand what the Bible teaches on this topic, but the idea of being called a “hater” is mortifying to them, so they try to straddle the proverbial fence. It happens a lot. Here are some examples:
- The Boy Scouts of America: While not an explicitly Christian organization, the BSA upheld Christian values to millions of young boys for decades. In recent years, they have completely sold out to the homosexual cause.
- Tim Tebow: What a great example for boys across America this man has been. Yet, when the lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer groups applied pressure on him, he canceled a speaking engagement at First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, because the church teaches that homosexuality is a sin and he wanted to avoid controversy.
- Louie Giglio: The founder of the Passion youth gatherings, Giglio was one of my favorite Bible teachers. He was asked to pray at President Obama’s second inauguration, but when a 20-year-old sermon surfaced in which Giglio warned against the rise of homosexual activism in America, he was severely criticized by the lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer community. Giglio sheepishly withdrew from the event and then would not even reaffirm his own sermon.
- Beth Moore: Millions of Christian women would attest to the value of her teaching over the last 20 years. It was learned recently that Moore went back to a book she wrote years ago and removed references critical of homosexuality. When asked if she still believed it to be a sin, she would not respond.
- Steph Curry and Russell Wilson: Both sports stars, with ties to North Carolina, have been very public about their Christian faith. However, when the state passed a law to keep men out of girls’ restrooms and showers (on state property), both Curry and Wilson sided with men being allowed in girls’ restrooms.
- Lauren Daigle: The music of this popular gospel singer has blessed millions of people. Recently she was asked her view on homosexuality being a sin, and she responded with this answer: “I can’t honestly answer on that. … I can’t say one way or the other.”
- Drew Brees: NFL quarterback is well known for his strong Christian faith. A few months ago, Brees did an advertisement for “Bring Your Bible to School Day,” sponsored by Focus on the Family. When a local New Orleans lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer newspaper called Brees out for supporting a “hate group,” the quarterback went into panic mode and basically disavowed Focus on the Family.
The most recent example is Chick-fil-A. This is a company founded on Christian principles – and it is extremely popular in the Christian community because of that fact. Chick-fil-A got into hot water with lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer groups when CEO Dan Cathy said in 2012 that he believed in God’s definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Cathy was spooked by the blowback and then tried to separate his private beliefs from his company.
It didn’t work, and Chick-fil-A has been targeted by the Left ever since, especially because the corporation made donations to groups like The Salvation Army and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. These are “hate” groups, according to the Left. Recently Chick-fil-A ditched The Salvation Army and FCA only to name a lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, transgender and queer affirming organization (Covenant House) as one of their new benefactors.
Make no mistake, for those in high-profile positions, the pressure to conform to the world’s standards on this issue is enormous. However, we are talking about mature Christians who should know better than to surrender on one of the great moral issues of our time. And what’s worse, when they cave on this issue – with either actions or silence – they are unwittingly siding with those who ultimately want to criminalize Christianity.
Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association
P.S. You can see the online version of this article on The Stand.